Monday, August 4, 2008

Moving

I moved out of my house last week. I had been living there for over a year and had such a great experience. I'm not sure I could have had anything like what I had anywhere else. But I guess we all need to move on sometime (except in my case I feel like I'm moving backwards).
I'm going to miss my awesome roommate, Kendra. She was the best and most understanding person. She seemed to always know when something was wrong and made a deliberate effort help. I knew I could always depend on her. She's been my friend for a long time, but having her to as a roommate has made her into one of my best friends.

Now I'm back home at Mom and Dad's, getting used to having very little space and privacy. It's up to me how it all works out, so I need to be at my best. I know that this is where I am supposed to be, and that I have made the right decision (though I have to admit, it was a somewhat forced decision thanks to circumstances I can't control -- It was a harsh realization when I figured out I can't control everything). But it still is hard, and I am really trying to be patient. The biggest difficulty is trying to avoid self-pity and the tendency to be a recluse.

Hopefully I can report in 6 months that I am moving on again, but we'll see if it is actually what the Lord has planned for me. You all know He has a way of making things go His way. I just hope that I can continue trying to improve myself until then and be good to everyone around me. I've got a lot on my plate, but I can do it!

1 comments:

Kristi Kleisler said...

You for sure can do it!! Hang in there- I know that this experience is gonna be so good for ya, we both know that it is what is supposed to happen!! It's crazy how things all worked out like that, but it's gonna be good, I know it- and you are gonna grow so much, you have already started!! Love ya so much girl, and know that I am always here, I might be bad about keeping my plans, but just smack me around a little bit, I promise I'll be better! :) If you ever need me, you know where to find me!!! Chin up and keep on keeping on!