So I will put up pictures and a full rundown of my trip to Southern California when I get pictures from everyone, but for now here's some things I learned during the last 3 days.
1. Giant bugs on the I-10 are suicidal and make a nasty splat on the car. Gross!!
2. CA doesn't clearly mark where streets end, branch off, or change directions.
3. Making U-turns is not uncommon.
4. Jenesse is a master map reader and navigator. She saved the day several times!
5. Martha (Nancy's GPS) does not know everything.
6. You can be angry at electronic devices.
7. Marron = Moron
8. Car chargers do fit, you just have to push them in harder.
9. The Valero in Blythe charges an extra 10 cents per gallon if you use your card.
10. The water in Blythe is brown.
11. Making out on rocks on the beach is NOT okay! Even if you think you are hidden, people can see you from the sidewalk along side you. EWWW!
12. Bathrooms on the beach = disgusting!!
13. CA drivers and pedestrians can be jerks and morons (see number 7).
14. Put Nancy in a moving car and she is OUT like a light!
15. La Jolla sand looks like brown sugar.
16. Seals do not like flies buzzing around them.
17. Seagulls swoop, glide, run, and poop -- sometimes on or towards people.
18. Explaining why you're carrying a red stuffed monster can be fun.
19. Jenesse's Grandpa Sorenson is AWESOME!!!
20. 2 servers in a crowded pizza place = unhappy customers.
21. Luigi's white pizza is delicious.
22. Apparently pelicans don't necessarily mind people, but they will snap at you if you pester them.
23. There are concrete dividers between the parking spaces in Oceanside.
24. Eating dinner while on the end of a pier looking out into the Pacific is priceless.
25. If you hang wet clothes out to dry, they will still be wet 24 hours later.
26. Things never go as planned.
27. Getting in a hot tub after spending a cold and cloudy day on the beach is glorious!
28. When flipping an omelet, you have to be deliberate - no wishy-washy wimpiness.
29. Standing on the beach and staring out into the ocean is breathtaking. (I guess I already knew that before the trip)
30. Spending time with 2 of my best friends makes me happy. :)
Homeownership
11 years ago
2 comments:
Numbers 4, 27 and 28 are my favorites!
Yeah Grandpa Sorensen is the BEST!
La Jolla was better than I ever remembered.
Love the list - makes me laugh. :)
I'm glad you had fun, even though it rained most of the time!
Post a Comment