Saturday, October 31, 2009

Halloween!!

I had a wonderful Halloween this year! I usually really don't like the holiday, but Jason made it a good day for me.
The night before, my family got together to carve pumpkins. Jason had never carved his own pumpkin before. So Sad! But we all had a great time!


The carving party (well some of it)

Tami and Suzie (Suzie had already finished her pumpkin.)

Darren's Ninja Turtle, Gavin's, Coton's Transformer, Austin's Transformer, and Suzie's Monster
Tami did the Maleficent Dragon and Anthony did a Transformer one, both of which I don't have pictures.

Jason's and My finished pumpkins, Walter and Yoda.

Yoda and Walter all lit up.

Early in the morning, we went with another couple in our ward (who happen to be Jason's roommate, Mike and my good friend, Kristin) shooting out in the dessert. I'd never done this before, so it was kind of hard for me. Jason said I did a good job for my first time though. I actually hit a few targets with the 22, but with the shotgun (which hurt to shoot and I have the bruises to prove it) the only thing I could hit was a box that was about 5 feet in front of me. Haha. Here are some pictures of that.


In the car on the way there


Me with a shotgun. I have no idea what I'm doing here.



Me trying to shoot a shotgun. I think I'm cocking it here.



Jason looks much better shooting a shotgun.

The boys went on a shooting rampage with all the shotguns. You can't see, but there are all kinds of targets and junk people have left up there and we had brought some of our own stuff to shoot.


Jason and I sporting the shotguns


Me shooting the 22


Jason shooting the 22. If you look in the background, you can see Kristin and Mike. I thought it was hilarious that while Kristin was hammering the clay pigeon launcher into the ground, Mike just stood there and watched.


Me and my Cutie!

Afterwards, we went to Native New Yorker for lunch. :)

That night we went to Mom and Dad's ward's Trunk-or-Treat and then went to a party that Mike's mom was having out in East Mesa. It was low key and I didn't have to dress up as anything. The perfect Halloween party. ;)

0 comments: