Saturday, May 3, 2008

Stomach Flu

Each kid has now had their bout with the stomach flu in the last 24 hours. It all started about 10 last night when I heard a weird noise upstairs. I went to check on Alex and as soon as I opened the door, I could smell it. She had thrown up everywhere, the poor little girl. I took her out and rushed to the bathroom and called Mom frantically. She helped calm me down and talk me through what to do. I gave her a a bath and got her dressed again, made up her bed again with a new sheet and then laid her down again. I heard her throwing up again a little later so I had to clean it all up again. I couldn't find anymore crib sheets so I did my best with what I could find and eventually decided to just lay her on the ground on a towel and I grabbed a blanket and a pillow and I pretty much watched her and cleaned her up every time she threw up until 3 am. She didn't sleep one bit until then. At 3, I heard a noise in the bathroom. I came out to find Nathan spitting into the sink. I asked him what he was doing and he said he threw up. I went into his room to find it all over his pillow, bed, and bunny. Poor little guy! He asked me to make him a bed by the toilet with towels so I did. I stripped his bed and put it with all of Alex's stuff and after checking up on him, finally got some sleep. (I did all the laundry this morning and aired out the upstairs because it stank!!) I put Alex in her crib since she was now asleep and got up every once and a while to check on her. At about 7:15 in the morning, I hear Alex crying. I couldn't believe that she was awake already for what little sleep she got. (That also meant I could get no shower until her nap later that day and I smelled like puke!) So she was pretty cranky today, but seemed to be feeling fine for the whole day. Nathan had a hard time in the morning and was off and on in the afternoon and evening. Taylor had a cold in the morning, but once he got up he was fine. Later, he started to feel sick to his stomach so Angenette told me to make him a bed by the toilet and there he has been for the rest of the day and tonight. A lady in their ward (Patty) came over and helped me out for a little while and talked to the kids about how they were feeling and gave me some suggestions. I was sure grateful for that! I've been trying to keep them all well hydrated and hopefully tomorrow will be better and we can all make it to church. I hope I'm not next on this flu-bug's list!

0 comments: