Saturday, November 15, 2008

We're playing who?

This afternoon, my friend Melina from my ward ended up getting free tickets to the ASU homecoming football game. I was excited because I had never been to an ASU football game before (and neither had she) and we are both graduating in December. If you think that's sad, just wait and read on.

As we were walking from our parking space from a mile away, there was a scalper wearing a Penn State t-shirt. I asked Melina, "Are we playing Penn State?"
She replied, "No I think we are playing Stanford. I think. I don't know."

A girl walking with a group in front of us turns around and says incredulously, "We are playing Washington State."

"Oh" we both said, feeling really foolish. She must have thought we were morons.

So we get in and find our seats. Thankfully they were not in the crazy student section, but the alumni section instead. The only problem was that our seats were facing the sun. It was bright and hot and I couldn't see much of anything on the south end of the field.

While we are waiting for the game to start, Melina asks me, "So do you know anything about the rules."

"No," I laughed, "I thought you did!"

This was Melina's first football game ever because she was homeschooled all the way up through high school. I never cared to learn the rules of football because it is not a sport I enjoy. We both just wanted to go to an ASU football game so we could say that we did before we graduate. :)

So we decided we would understand what was going on based on what the stands were doing. We would just cheer when they cheered. Ha ha!

Needless to say, we didn't stay the entire game. We left right after the halftime show. We at least had the experience of going to an ASU football game and we had had enough.

It was fun, but not all that exciting. I doubt that I'll go to another one again. Let's just say football is not my thing. :)

Melina and Me: Two girls who know very little about football.
(The sun was really bright and in our eyes.)

The ASU Alumni marching band

Before the game started.

I realized I didn't get any pictures during the game. Woops! Oh well!

0 comments: