On the 2nd, Mom, Tiffany, Kaelynn, Blake and I all traveled to Utah to spend some time with family. It was a much needed and very relaxing vacation.
We spent the first part including the 4th of July with my sister Angenette and Matt and their family in Lehi. The first night, we played on the Wii and had a great time. We did the American Idol Karaoke one, and my sisters are crazy. But it was fun! For the 4th, there was a neighborhood potluck party and then we did some of our own fireworks. I really liked the sparklers, but we had a couple of accidents so I think they're too dangerous to do. Too bad. We then watched the big fireworks display from Thanksgiving Point. It was a lot of fun. Kaelynn (my 4 year old niece) sat on my lap and held her hands over her ears the whole time because she was scared of the loud noises that they made. So cute. We all had a good time together. :)
Tiffany, Kaelynn, Blake and I spent the second half of the trip with our sister Asia and Michael and their family in Bountiful. We went to this awesome indoor community pool. The kids had such a blast there! I would have loved it as a kid. Heck, I loved it as an adult. haha. They also had this yellow slide on which I took Elliot, Lillianne and Kaelynn down a few times. That was very tricky, but I finally got the hang of it by the end. Sorry for the scares Asia and Tiffany! That night we did some more fireworks. They had bought the biggest fireworks I had ever seen, and it was a really neat. I wish I had had my camera, because I'm pretty sure I won't be able to describe it. After some of the displays all we could do was just say, "Woah!" The next day we went down to Salt Lake City and went to Temple Square. Now I am a huge do-do and didn't take many pictures, but it was nice. I don't get to go there very often. We had a very nice time with Asia's family. I'm really glad we went.
Tuesday night, we hurried back to Matt and Angie's because they were setting me up on a blind date. We went to Thanksgiving Point and had dessert and walked around the gardens and then played games. I had a good time.
Sadly, we had to go home the next day, but I'm glad I went on the trip. Thanks to the Imblers and Lotts for their hospitality and the fun!
Oh and I would be a jerk not to thank my brother-in-law Matt for replacing the hardrive on my laptop while we were up there. Thank you so much, Matt!!
*I'll add the ridiculously miniscule amount of pictures I took later.
Homeownership
11 years ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment