Friday, January 30, 2009

22

Today is my 22nd birthday! I feel like I'm getting so old. I remember when I thought that people this age were so grown up. Heck, I'm sure I had Young Women's leaders that were this age. I definitely don't feel that mature. Anyway, I had a great day.

This morning, I woke up to find the yard decorated with signs and balloons. I told my mom, "This has Joy written all over it." Sure enough, when I read the signs, some said, "Happy B-day C2!" Thanks, Joy!



(Note: My early morning pictures didn't turn out well, so I had to take them again when I got home in the afternoon. The wind had knocked a lot of them down by that time, but it looked awesome in the morning!)

My students were so excited today! They sang to me and wanted to eat lunch with me in the classroom. I bought them all rice crispy treats for dessert. Some of my old 5th graders from last semester came to visit and sang to me, too. :) It was sweet.

I celebrated with my family tonight. We had pizza and cheesecake! YUM! Thank you, Suzie, for making the cheesecake even though you had a lot of other things to deal with!

I don't want to focus so much on the presents, but credit needs to be given to the awesome people in my life!

Mom and Dad got me a sewing machine (YES! I don't have to use someone else's ever again!), Life cereal (I seriously crave that stuff!), maple instant oatmeal (they know me too well!), and some jewelry making tools (I have recently taken up jewelry making as a hobby, hence the tools). Thank you, Mom and Dad!!!


Last week, Jenesse gave me my birthday present early! It was an organization kit for all of my jewelry making supplies and tools! :) That's something that I definitely needed. Thanks, Jenesse!

Also last week, I recieved a package in the mail. It was from Kristi with a bunch of presents for my birthday in it. I was under strict instructions not to open it until my birthday.


Well, when I finally got to open it tonight, it was a bunch of Texas-themed stuff: A Texas Longhorns shirt, a Texas keychain, and a Texas necklace. Along with that, there were 2 pairs of shoes and stickers. She so shouldn't have, but I'm not complaining. :)

Thanks Tiffany, Kaelynn, Blake, Suzie, Austin, Colton, Gavin, Tami, Darren, Mom, and Dad for celebrating with me tonight!

And thanks to everyone else for your birthday wishes and for all the love! Love you guys!

1 comments:

Aimee & Josh Jensen said...

Happy birthday!
you got some good gifts :)