Friday, January 16, 2009

In a Nutshell

It's been a long time since I updated, and by now what I was planning to post is long past. SO, here's my life right now in a nutshell:

  • I started my new job as a substitute teacher at Zaharis (where I student taught) in the third grade. The teacher had a baby and will be gone until after Spring Break. I LOVE these third graders. They are so sweet and eager to please. They are also very funny! One of my girls is narcissistic. She insists that she is the prettiest. I have a boy who constantly has ants in his pants. (He just wiggles and wiggles!) He told me that to remember things I should put rocks in my pockets. "Then you think, 'Why did I put rocks in my pocket?' and then you remember." Way cute! :) This is a great experience for me as I am applying for jobs and ready to take on my own classroom next year.
  • I am not moving out, but rather staying at my parents' house for the time being. It's not what I want, but it makes sense. I do not have a permanent job and should probably wait until I know exactly where I'll be teaching next year before I move.
That's about it. Life is a bit busy, but I like it that way. :)

0 comments: