Friday, January 2, 2009

Moving On

Along with then end of 2008, I ended my 2 1/2 years of working as a math tutor at Mathnasium of Gilbert. I have been there so long, so it is all a little strange. This was the best job I have had so far in my life. I loved working with the kids: getting to know them and joking around with them. I always loved seeing a difference being made in their lives because of what we do. I also really enjoyed my coworkers. I got to know a lot of different kinds of people that I probably never would have thought of being friends with, but they were great. We had a lot of fun, and I'll miss seeing them. Not only that, but I had a great boss, Larry, who did a lot for me and gave me such a great work experience. I have learned a lot from working there. I never was very confident about teaching math, and this job really expanded my abilities. It also helped my confidence grow. I was having success (don't get me wrong -- I still had bad days) and really feeling good about myself and what I was doing. I'm so grateful for that day in when I opened up the ASU paper to find a job posting for a Mathnasium in Peoria. It inspired me to search for other, closer locations and that is when I found this place. I am certain that the Lord was guiding me there. I'll definitely miss it, but I think am ready to move on to other things. So on I go to more adventures in the world of teaching!

0 comments: